Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thinking of Summer

Today it was in the 70s here in PA. Nice change from the 40s and 50s of previous weeks. So, I decided to get a head start on the patio furniture.

Several years ago my in-laws gave us a nice wood patio set. Since we had the deck built back in October I decided that it was time to put new life into the old patio set. We've debated whether or not to buy new patio furniture or keep what we have. We both like the wood furniture that was given to us and it's a great compliment to the new deck. The only problem is that it needs some care, and some paint.

Today I sanded down the table and primed it. This took me about 2 hours! But the end result will be well worth it. We have two chairs, 4 benches, a bench seat, and a lounge chair that all go together. My goal is to have the table, 2 benches and 2 chairs sanded, primed & painted before summer gets here. The two chairs are currently sitting on the deck next to each other. The bench is also on the deck and in better shape that the other pieces. The photo (above) is of the primed table.

No comments: