Sunday, April 6, 2008

Simple Chef: Sunday Grillin'

Well it's Sunday and here at the Lilly household that usually means some sort of chicken dish for what I like to call myself; the simple chef.

I'm a simple chef because I can read directions for a simple recipe, boil an egg, make rice (and not the minute kind), make chili (from scratch), make a mean meatloaf (again, from scratch).. but anything more complicated than that or something which requires a lot of prep.. I then put into use the following phrase, "yes, I am ready to order."


On Sundays we usually have an oven-baked whole chicken, maybe a boneless chicken with a coating of italian dressing or today, just because I feel summer coming; bar-b-que chicken on the ole' grill.

Today I am marinating several legs, some thighs, and breasts in some MEMPHIS STYLE BBQ SAUCE. This is the first time I am trying this particular sauce. You can only find this sauce at Wegman's since they make their own sauces. The ingredients in this one are: Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Water, Sugar, Fancy Molasses (now that's fancy!), Distilled Vinegar, Vegetables (Bell Peppers, Onion and Garlic), Spices, Mustard Flour, Natural Flavor, Paprika, Citric Acid (I love Citric Acid!).

Keep it Simple and Happy Grillin!

1 comment:

Timmay said...

Yo boy, try some Sticky Fingers sauce next time, available at a store near you or online. All their sauces are good, but the Habanero Hot is my fav! Try that if ya think ya got the stones!

http://www.stickyfingersonline.com/retailsauce.asp?State=PA&StateTitle=PA

http://www.shopstickyfingers.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=7