Sunday, March 23, 2008

Birds are flockin

Since we had the deck built I've recently noticed that there are a lot of birds who also like our deck. I've seen a huge Robin (might have eaten the other Robins), a couple of cardinals, and various small birds (sorry, I'm not a bird expert).

I've been thinking about putting a bird-house somewhere on the deck but didn't know how to go about it til' yesterday. I found an inexpensive bird-house that I could attach to one of the rails with a couple of screws.

And walla! The birds have taken notice. I saw about 6 birds this morning in about 20 minutes time. Carter even named one of the birds Sammy. The bird was pretty skittish and would hop over to the bird feeder and then hop down into the bushes, hop back up and kept doing this for about a half an hour.

Here's a photo of one of our visitors this morning (not Sammy).

No comments: