Saturday, September 20, 2008

Daddy O up in the Hizzou

After work last night I picked up my Dad for his first sleepover at our house. A couple of weeks ago we 'finally' had the new carpet installed downstairs. After years of having two beds in our room (since carter would not sleep in his own room) we moved the bed back down to the former 'guest-room'.

My father lives alone and has been doing pretty good since my mother passed away in August. He goes to the bingo twice a week (by himself) and seems to keep busy with his housework. He turned 83 years old in August so he's slowed down a bit over the last 5 years. But he's in good health and always in a good mood.

We stopped at our favorite Italian Eatery (Pinos II); don't know where there is a Pino's I but sure it exists somewhere around here. We came back to the house, ate and later on watched 'MAD MONEY'. Sue picked this one out and turned out to be a pretty good movie. The movie stars diane keaton, queen latifah, and katie holmes. 3woman get jobs at the federal reserve. One is a janitor, one transports the 'old' money, and the other shreds the money. Since no one checks the trashbins (after the shredding) they get the crazy idea to not shred the money and dispose of it in the trash bins. Diane Keaton's character empties the trash bins and then they end up transporting the money out the door each day.



Ted Danson is also in the movie (as Diane Keaton's husband) and is looking as old as ever. The ending is a bit hokey but alot of comical relief. Katie Holmes plays a ditsy girl who listens to dance music and bobs her head alot... she looks kind of frumpy in most of the scenes and a bit weather beaten (or maybe it's just the stress of being Ms. Tom Cruise).

The other night I was watching FAMILY GUY and one sketch was where the power went out. They showed the gate of the Crusies home and then Tom and Katie sitting on a couch. Katie is wearing an ankle bracelet and when the power goes off the bracelet falls off and I think she jumps through the window and escapes.... I nearly fell off of the couch laughing so hard...

Carter and I drove my father back home this morning. I may actually go to the bingo with my dad in the near future. A couple of weeks ago he won $75.00 one night and then $35.00 a couple of nights later... not too bad and probably more than I'd win in Atlantic City.

No comments: