Sunday, January 27, 2008

Furniture Hunt pt.2

So last Friday Sue went to Ashley Furniture (did I mention it's our favorite furniture store) and picked up our 'tv stand'. 71" of solid wood, cabinets on each end that hold about 50 dvds (each side), two glass cabinets in the front and two drawers above.


When I got home from work on Friday I started to move everything off of our old entertainment center. But when I went to move the tv (which is the old bulky kind) I must of turned (while holding the tv) and a muscle in my back just twisted along with it. I had to lay on the floor for a while to shake off the pain. There was still the problem of the new tv stand which waiting in the van to be carried into the house and up a flight of stairs into the living room.


I took some Aleve and sucked it up. Some things you can imagine as not being too heavy.. that is, until you go to lift them.. and then wonder; how the hell can this be that heavy? But the main reason for replacing our old (style) entertainment center was that it was cheap particle board. We wanted something solid and something we will have for many, many years. So the new one is pretty solid and pretty heavy.


In the end we did get it out of the van, into the house and up the stairs. Now we are thinking of getting a new tv but there really is no reason at this point since our 27" (that used to be big) GE TV is in great working order and actually doesn't look too bad on the new tv stand.



Here's a photo of the old entertainment center. I obviously dismantled the thing and it's next home is the dumpster.


.. and walla.. here is the new tv stand! One fine piece of furniture.. I recommend going to Ashley furniture if you are in need of some furniture. They are usually located within a store called Country Junction (also a great place to buy stuff).

No comments: