Wednesday, June 3, 2009

VACATION - day 2 - TUESDAY

9:30 am - woke up

10:30 am - had some peanut butter Captain Crunch & a freshly brewed cup of coffee

11:30 am - watched Rachael Ray (sorry but I have to say this - she's gained some weight!; it's all that good cookin')

12:30 pm - headed off to Lowe's.

1:30 pm - found out that the paint Sue wanted for the bathroom ceiling would cost $55.00 a gallon... do we really need sparkles in the ceiling paint? Ended up buying a textured paint - color: warm cappuccino. Also found out that some of the colors for Lowe's VALSPAR (what the hell kind of name is that?; sure it means something) are only available in the more expensive 'signature' series. Silly me, I thought a color was a color.. but was told it was 'trademarked'.. They've supposedly been in business since 1806... I think it says 'the paint of Edgar Allan Poe' on each can. Here's an excerpt from 'tale of the tell tale heart' - "It took me an hour to place my whole head within the opening so far that I could see the old man as he lay upon his bed. I marveled at the fresh coat of Valspar paint on the walls.'

Anyway: the color Sue picked for the walls is called "PUMPKIN"...


2:30pm - watched the movie 'Joe Kidd' (with Clint Eastwood, Robert Duvall, John Saxon). Never realized before that this movie was written by Elmore Leonard (one of my favorite authors; author of Get Shorty, Out of Sight and many others that were made into movies). He started out writing westerns; first novel was in 1953.

4:30pm - had to take a trip to GIANT since we were out of Hamburger. And did you know, Hamburger Helper makes a great meal? I've known this for a long time.

5:30pm - Carter and I arrived home

6:30pm - Finished my Stuart Woods book - maybe I'll take a trip to Barnes and Noble tomorrow for another book. But there is painting to do tomorrow! Another day of vacation.

No comments: