Sunday, February 22, 2009

...and the Oscar goes to...

Every year we make it a tradition to watch the Academy Awards, every year when the best picture nominations are announced we have the same response... 'I never even heard of that one'... but that does not stop us from making predictions. So, without further ado - here are my (Rob's) predictions on who will take home the Oscar tonight.


BEST PICTURE


SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE


I haven't seen it but have heard a lot of buzz. Usually the film with the most talk about winning usually wins) We never needed another film about Nixon, who wants to see Brad Pitt as an old man?, Sean Pean is over-rated, who even heard of 'the Reader'? (I think they made that one up to fill the slot).. and I'm still mad that 'Stepbrothers' was not nominated!


BEST DIRECTOR


DANNY BOYLE (Slumdog Millionaire)


I think most times the best picture and director go hand in hand


BEST ACTOR


MICKEY ROURKE


From what I've heard as far as reviews and watching the movie trailers this looks pretty much autobiographical and everyone loves a good comeback - unless it's Steve Guttenberg)


BEST ACTRESS


ANGELINA JOLIE


I base this on the fact that Angelina Jolie is hot (and there should really be a category for being 'hot') and Clint Eastwood directed the movie. It's next in our Netflix Queue.


BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR


HEATH LEDGER


After watching THE DARK KNIGHT last night I have to say he should win (alive or dead). And with competition like Robert Downey Jr. for the mediocre film 'Tropic Thunder' it's a no brainer. Heath's portrayel of THE JOKER is one of the most frightening villians in movie history (with the exception of Merv Griffin in 'the man with two brains')!


BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS


MARISA TOMEI


She will prove this year that her Oscar for 'My Cousin Vinny' was not a fluke! .. oh, and she's still hot (she would win two oscars tonight if we added that category *see above*)


BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY


MILK


I base this on it's the only film, besides WALL-E, I've heard of. We are now nominating animated films for best screenplay? .. oh, the humanity!!!


So, there you have it...


I think I need to write the academy today about their snub of Stepbrothers

No comments: