Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Shopping is done!

In years past I used to start my Christmas shopping in September and ended up finished right around the week after Thanksgiving. For some reason this year I put off some gift shopping til' tonight. I finished shopping for my wife several weeks ago and did most of it online. Over the last 5 years I've grown to really despise the big mall. It's not the mall itself (I love a square building with a sexy marquee) but the people that filter around me. Some of them smell, some are rude, some ask you questions (I was taught not to talk to strangers) and some need a good foot stompin'!

So, maybe that is why this was the first year I did 90% of my shopping online. If you can find online stores that offer free shipping this turns out to be a pleasant experience. No pushing, no shoving, no foot stompin'! And how lovely is it to shop nude.. I suggest everyone try this next year - let's make it a naked Christmas party.. well, on second thought let's not.

On Black Friday I decided to go shopping at Toys R' Us... BIG MISTAKE... I went in thinking.. "I'm going to get some great bargains today!" I walked out empty handed asking myself why I thought this was a good idea. After only finding two out of the ten items I went in for I figured out it was easier to go home and go online than stand in the back of a line that wrapped around a store. It literally took me 10 minutes to find my way out. There were aisles blocked off so customers didn't feel the urge to butt in line. So, you were forced to walk all the way around the store, the line, the carts, people getting ready to hand out a good foot stompin', just to get back out.

I came home, went online, and ordered a ton of toys. I had to pay shipping but it was worth it.

So now I sit here relaxed and ready to conquer Christmas morning like only a Father can! I will have one thing to put together Christmas Eve and a couple things to assemble on Christmas morning. I wonder what it's like to be 4 again?

Hope all of you are close to being finished with the awful task of Christmas shopping! And watch out for carts careening towards your ankles.

No comments: